Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Break

So, it looks like spring break is in the works. As of right now we have a rough outline of where we will be going and what we will be seeing including...:

April 2- Fly to Brussels
April 3- Full day in Brussels
April 4- I arrive in Brussels international from Barcelona and meet up with the everyone else to pick up the car and cruise off to Heidelburg Germany
April 5- We drive the lower half of the romantic road and see some sweet castles, then head all the way down to Innsbruck, Austria
April 6- Full day in Innsbruck to explore and enjoy the picturesque mountain landscape
April 7- Drive the short 1.5 hours to Munich
April 8- Tour Munich for a full day
April 9- Take the train to see Neuschwanstein in the morning, then enjoy Munich for the rest of the day
April 10-Drive to Prage
April 11-Tour Prague all day
April 12-Again... tour Prague all day
April 13-Drive to Amsterdam
April 14-Amsterdam
April 15-Leave Amsterdam, drop car off in Brussels
April 16-Catch flight out of Charleroi at 6:30 am.

As for me, so far I have a return flight and I still need to get my flight to Brussels and I also still need buy tickets for a bus leaving from Aix-en-Provence to Barcelona (for the fam). AH! So much to do so little time!

Other than that I'm pretty swamped until Spring Break. I have 4 tests and 1 paper including the family visiting and Anna coming for a weekend. So me even writing this right now is time that should be spent doing homework; but I figure keeping everyone updated should be a top priority anyways (plus i have 3 weeks to complete all of this so I'm not too worried about it).

The weather here is dropping (last week it was in the 50's and 60's) and this week its down in the 40's. Which does no good for the cold I feel like I've been getting for the past month BUT luckily the markets are still up and running and so are the patisseries (bread stores)! Specifically our favorite bread placed, called la fournaise, where the guy who works there knows us by face which makes the bread that much better (plus my roommate has a little crush on him so we get more bread than we should probably be eating)!

I've been trying to figure out a time to make a skiing trip but sadly all of my weekends seemed to be booked up. Or at least all of those that I know other people are going. So, I was thinking about trying to make a trip this weekend (maybe a day trip or two day). Or, I was going to go and climb Mount Sainte Victoire to test it out for the family and see if they can handle it. Here's a website from the office of tourism in Aix that tells a little bit about the mountain. I've heard it's a little difficult and quite the climb so I figure I need to test it out for myself before settling on that as a Sunday activity for the fam.

Hope all is well at home and that everyone gets over the flu (Matt and Mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment