Monday, March 15, 2010

The Alps

This weekend ended up being so different than I thought it was going to be. I was planning on staying home this weekend, catching up on some homework, studying for upcoming tests, but no. This weekend I went skiing in the Alps!!! On thursday (during the day) I got a text from a friend asking me if I wanted to go skiing and telling me I needed to decide by 4pm that day. I mulled over it for a good portion on my day and finally decided to go. I figured when am I going to get the chance to go spring skiing in the Alps again?

SO, on Friday we left at about 5pm by bus (which took 5 hours instead of the 2.5 that they said it would) and made it to Pra Loup by 10pm. We had dinner and went to bed. The next morning we were up at the crack of dawn and down to the ski rental and up the mountain. It was amazingly warm; I had to send a layer (or two) home with one of the girls who went back early. We got to ski for 2 full days and then back again for a 5 hour bus ride.

We stayed in an apartment that was owned by a family and they rent it out for weekenders to use. It was a great trip and I'm sooooooooo glad that I was able to go skiing in the ALPS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment